Simple and Elegant
Simple and easy to install, operate, and manage.
Lots of Options
Flexible settings design allows you to customize just about everything.
Works with most themes, Theme-My-Login, and BuddyPress.
Allows the Administrator to restrict a WordPress-based web site to viewing only by registered users who are logged on. Any attempt, by anyone not logged, to view any Page, Post or other part of the site will display a WordPress login screen. Login prompts are provided whenever a non-logged in user (“site visitor”) attempts to access any URL controlled by WordPress on the web site. This plugin does not control non-WordPress web pages, such as .html and .php files created by hand or by other software products. Or images and other media and text files directly accessed by their URL, or from a browser’s directory view, if available. Features and Settings:
- Supports WordPress Networks (“Multisite”), with Network-wide Settings planned for a future version
- Visible Exclusions settings allow the entry of a list of URLs that will always be visible, and never be hidden by the plugin; a separate Setting is provided for hiding or revealing Site Home without the need to enter its URL
- A URL Prefix option in Visible Exclusions, matches, and makes visible, all URLs that begin with the one or more partial URLs entered
- Supports Custom Login and Registration pages at URLs different than the standard WordPress Login and Registration URLs
- Landing Location settings determine what the User sees after successfully logging in
- Landing Location is set for both automatic Login prompts and the Meta Widget’s Login link
- User Self-Registration settings (varies between Network and Non-Network WordPress) are presented on the plugin’s Settings page for easy access
- No known Theme incompatibilities, and only known Plugin incompatibility is with the A5 Custom Login plugin
- Special functionality is included to not hide Login- and Registration-related URLs used by BuddyPress and Theme My Login plugins
- Remember Me improvements at Login via free companion plugin, Remember Me, which can be downloaded separately from the WordPress Plugin Repository
- Overrides WordPress hiding of Network Activated plugins, just for itself; tp provide this feature for all plugins, use the free companion plugin, jonradio Reveal Network Activated Plugins, which can be downloaded separately from the WordPress Plugin Repository
- Setting to disable the plugin so that other plugin Settings can be changed when the Site is not set to Private
Keep your site private and protected!