Transaction not appearing in Donations nor Donor list

Home Support Forums Seamless Donations PayPal issues Transaction not appearing in Donations nor Donor list

This topic contains 47 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  David Gewirtz 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author

foer
    Participant

Hi David,

I am also experiencing the same problem with donations going through paypal successfully but leaving no record in the donations/donor page. The real problem is that I’m not receiving a notification email either. This seems to have just started after the recent paypal updates were implemented last week. Are you working on a solution to this problem?

David Gewirtz
    Developer

As long as you refresh your LetsEncrypt key (I think it’s monthly, but you’d have to look that up), you should be fine.

fosterandforever
    Participant

hi David, are you saying we need to refresh our LetsEncrpyt key after the Paypal change or as long as we do it regularly we are OK? Mine refreshes every two months and the last refresh was done on June 16th. I noticed the problem on July 2nd. Do i need to wait for the next refresh for this problem to be resolved?

MuskokaGraphics
    Participant

I’m not using letsencrypt at all. I’m still not getting anything in the donation logs. What can I do to help solve this issue. It seems to be one for many.

rachel3004
    Participant

I have the same problem, after June 27, the donation is still going to PayPal, but the Donation and Donor lists is not updating on my website.
    Is there any solution to this problem?

rachel3004
    Participant

I think I found a solution for this problem.
    according to this link, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34961916/alert-handshake-failure-paypal-ipn-integration-using-fsockopen
    fsockopen() function will not work with PayPal anymore,
    so you need to comment out seamless-donations/pay/paypalstd/ipn.php from line 151 to 170 and 233 to 235,
    basically use cURL.

and you may want to change $notify_url from /dgx-donate-paypalstd-ipn.php to /pay/paypalstd/ipn.php in following files.
    seamless-donations/seamless-donations-form.php
    seamless-donations/inc/payment.php
    seamless-donationsdgx-donate-paypalstd.php

after changing above, my site works fine, creates Donation and update donor lists for my sites.
    I hope that this will help!

MuskokaGraphics
    Participant

would you be willing to make the altered files available for download? Simply put, it’s been a while and the developers don’t seem to think anything is wrong with their plugin.

MuskokaGraphics
    Participant

I have made the changes suggested and still not working at my end. Time to find a different plugin.

fosterandforever
    Participant

David, will the changes suggested by rachel3004 be tested then incorporated into the base software? I do not want to get out of sync with base code, nor do I have the technical ability to make the suggested changes.

MuskokaGraphics
    Participant

The changes suggested didn’t work for me. I have reverted back to the original files. While it may have been a solution for her, it’s not a universal solution.

rachel3004
    Participant

Here is the link for the 4 files that I modified,
    make sure your server is enabled cURL 7.34.0 or above, and OpenSSL 1.0.1 or above,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbi02uxrr9k2v15/seamless-donations-fixed.zip?dl=0

and this is location of the files
    seamless-donations/pay/paypalstd/ipn.php
    seamless-donations/seamless-donations-form.php
    seamless-donations/dgx-donate-paypalstd.php
    seamless-donations/inc/payment.php

MuskokaGraphics
    Participant

Rachel.

Yes I do have all the required stuff enabled. I must have made a mistake in modification of the files. I downloaded your files, replaced them in the plugin folder and did a $20 donation and it processed and showed up in the logs. Thank you so much for your excellent help. I’m solved.

Provide me the website you have your plugin on so that I can make a donation for your help.

Mark

kennstphn
    Participant

@rachel3004

Thank you! I was able to get this working simply by overwriting the four files with the ones you provided.

– Ken

Neon Zebras
    Participant

Thank you, thank you, thank you, @rachel3004 !! Your solution worked like a charm!

rachel3004
    Participant

Mark,

Thank you for your offering about the donation, but I am fine.
    If you want, I think you should donate to the developer (David Gewirtz).
    I think this is one of the best PayPal donation plugins that we can customize so easily.
    We should encourage him to continue to develop this plugin up to date,
    so that we can enjoy this great plugin!

Actually my name is Jacob (Rachel is my wife’s name;I always use rachel3004 for my user name^^)
    Anyhow I am glad that my modification works for you guys.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.