MPS breaks password reset?

Home Support Forums My Private Site MPS breaks password reset?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

udlx
    Participant

I have a site up live, and MPS works great for our needs.

I had a user forget their password, and when they tried to reset it, everything fell apart.

Clicking ‘Lost your password?’ just reloads the login page.

Clicking a ‘reset password link’ in the Welcome email just redirects to Login

Any ideas?

David Gewirtz
    Developer

Try this (from an earlier support post):

Changing the ‘Landing Location’ setting from the default ‘Return to same url’ to (say) ‘Site Home’ seems to fix it, but I’m a little wary of patching all the blogs we host.

Timothy
    Participant

I’m having this same problem. With MPS enabled, my users can’t reset their own password. They are redirected away from the password reset page. And I tried the fix above (though really, that’s a key feature of the plugin, where to redirect my users on login, and I’m not keen on having to do away with that feature).

Any other suggestions on how to fix this?

udlx
    Participant

Hey Timothy, I could never get MPS to work with password resets.

What I had to do was use this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-force-login/

in combination with this: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/no-method-to-reset-password/

Timothy
    Participant

That worked. I didn’t need the second link as I’m not running woo commerce, just a basic wp install.

Thanks! Sorry to leave MPS, but needed password resent functionality.

Rene Veen
    Participant

Any chance of a fix for the password reset functionality. I like the plugin very much but the password reset is essential.

David Gewirtz
    Developer

I’ve listed it as a bug, but I’m not doing active coding in My Private Site at this time. I’m keeping an eye out for compliance fixes as WordPress upgrades, but since I’m not the original author, I’ve been avoiding making substantive changes that could break other things.

At some point, that might change.

–David

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.