getting paypal warning despite SSL

Home Support Forums Seamless Donations PayPal issues getting paypal warning despite SSL

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  monika 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

boxcar
    Participant

Plugin shows this warning despite my having valid SSL installed. My entire site uses HTTPS.

WARNING: Your server appears to have incompatibilities with PayPal’s requirements

https:// IPN URL does not respond:

I have enable IPN on Paypa with the URL provided.

I am using WordPress 4.7.3

boxcar
    Participant

I figured out this was caused by a conflict with iThemes security plugin. To work with Seamless Donations, in iThemes, disable the “Banned Users” option.

depiction
    Participant

Thank you boxcar! I had the same issue and disabling the banned users option solved the problem for me too.

kashmiri
    Participant

Thanks, had same problem here, now resolved thanks to you 🙂

By the way, the culprit was the “Enable HackRepairs.com’s blacklist feature” setting. I have no idea how HackRepair/s IP list is able to block an unrelated plugin from working…

micah0608
    Participant

I’m also still getting the warning even though I have a valid SSL. I’m using a DesignThemes theme. Any suggestions on what plugin might have the conflict or how to go about figuring it out? I’m new to this kind of trouble shooting.

David Gewirtz
    Developer

Hey, for the record, I reached out to iThemes. They won’t even accept an email unless you’re a paying customer. Since I’m not able to buy every theme and plugin that users have trouble with, I can’t ask them anything.

If you use iThemes, please ask them to reach out to me since they won’t accept my outreach to them. I’d like to talk to them and see what’s flagging their software. They can use the contact form on this site or open a ticket.

–David

depiction
    Participant

David, you can submit a support ticket for the iThemes Security plugin at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/better-wp-security

David Gewirtz
    Developer

Actually, I can’t. I tried. They flat out don’t accept any support requests from non-customers, even about supporting their own products. And, at the moment, I don’t really want to purchase their product to support them.

monika
    Participant

Had the same issue as stated above. After a lot of back and forth, I decided to delete the iThemes Security plugin and use a different one. This solved the issue….so far. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.