Tagged: forgot password
February 7, 2017 at 5:47 pm #6507
I need help. When I click Forgot Password Link, i got a password reset email from WordPress and then create new password. When I try to log in, it says “Your password reset link appears to be invalid. Please request a new link below.”February 8, 2017 at 9:33 pm #6525
If you’re the site manager, try disabling My Private Site and logging in, then re-enabling the plugin. If you’re not the site manager, contact your site manager.October 16, 2017 at 5:31 pm #9147
We’ve got a similar issue, but when the My Private Site plugin is active, the default woocommerce “Lost your password?” link on the /my-account page doesn’t work at all.
Any idea as to why this is?
I’ve now realized that we can just add the /my-account/lost-password URL as a Visible Exclusions, and check the “Anything that begins with this URL Prefix will be Always Visible” box, so that when a Password Reset link gets generated by WordPress, the user will be able to visit the reset page which will start with the /my-account/lost-password/ prefix.November 29, 2017 at 3:19 am #9604
I think this is a bug where the plugin tries to redirect to the password reset page again after login. Therefore I created a ticket here: http://zatzlabs.com/ticket/return-to-same-url-creates-a-problem-after-password-reset/January 15, 2018 at 4:14 pm #10034
We seem to be having a very similar issue:
When attempting to do a password reset by following the below steps, we receive an error indicating “Your password reset link appears to be invalid. Please request a new link below.”
1. Go to website which is protected by My Private Site – https://website.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwebsite.com%2F
2. Click on Lost your password?
3. This takes you to the password reset site – https://website.com/wp-login.php?action=resetpass
4. Enter e-mail address and click Get New Password
5. New password e-mail arrives and click on link
6. Password reset processes – https://website.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwebsite.com%2Fwp-login.php%3Faction%3Dresetpass
7. Click on Log in
8. Error “Your password reset link appears to be invalid. Please request a new link below” is received –
9. After completing these steps, if you go directly to site, it lets you inJanuary 27, 2018 at 10:01 pm #10121
I answered this on the support ticket you also posted.February 8, 2018 at 12:44 pm #10252
This issue persists for me. I have tried disabling and re-enabling. No luck.
After logging in with the newly set passworing, it redirected to the reset pass page. Painful recursion.
David, I think the ticket you mentioned you replied to is no longer active.
What is the solution here?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.