Donations not being logged

Home Support Forums Seamless Donations General Help Donations not being logged

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  David Gewirtz 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bizmarquee
    Participant

The donation system is working, but when I go into donations, or donors, they aren’t showing up. They “log” itself shows it but not the post sections in the wordpress admin section.

Now, one thing I found was a plugin called “Charitable” seemed to cause a conflict. I removed that plugin, but the donations still aren’t showing up. Do I need to re-install the SD plugin? Any advice on this problem/symptom?

David Gewirtz
    Developer

It’s quite possible that PayPal has never sent back an approval code to Seamless Donations. If PayPal doesn’t complete its “round trip,” donations don’t get recorded. As long as you’re up-to-date with Seamless Donations (4.0.19, I think), there should be no need to reinstall.

Usually, the best approach is to examine your log. To make things easier, I recommend going to your Settings tab in the Seamless Donations dashboard and make sure Debug Mode is turned off/unchecked (it’s near the bottom of the tab). Debug Mode sends a tremendous amount of information that is only needed in rare cases.

Then go to the Log tab in the Seamless Donations dashboard, clear the log, then doing exactly one donation cycle through to PayPal and back to when you get the “Thank you for your donation notice”, then go back to the Log tab, and copy it. Given that we’re probably going to have a bit of a back-and-forth discussion based on what I find in the log, please send it to me by opening a ticket, restating the problem, and attaching the log. You can do that here: http://zatzlabs.com/submit-ticket/.

–David

otsoga
    Participant

I’m having the same problem. The plugin used to log donations fine, but sometime around September 2017 the logging stopped happening.

David Gewirtz
    Developer

Go ahead and open a support ticket. Follow the directions provided in the post just before yours, and send that information in your ticket.

–David

akizab
    Participant

I am having the same issue, I am not sure why donations have stopped logging since June. I have already opened a ticket and hope to hear from you soon. Thanks so much for creating this amazing tool!

David Gewirtz
    Developer

Please read this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.